All I’ll say is, if I can do it, you can do it! Refinishing floors sounds daunting, but it’s one of many ways to save loads of money on a home reno. In this post, I’ll show you a video I put together on how to refinish wood floors.
vacuum | poly | wool applicator | palm sander | floor sander
- Start by vacuuming the floors (HERE is a link to my favorite vac) .
- Use a palm sander (and plenty of sandpaper) to sand the perimeter of the room
- Rent a large sander from your local Home Depot (like this one) and get plenty of sandpaper to go with it! Sand the floors first with 60 grit. Use an even back and forth motion, LIFTING THE BELT as you transition or stop. Go over the floors again using 100 grit. Touch up with the palm sander as needed.
- Vacuum again.
- Use wool applicator attached to the end of a broomstick & THIS MATTE POLY to evenly coat the floors. Let dry completely. I did two coats. It actually doesn’t smell, even though I had a gas mask on that would prevent me from a dirty bomb attack. Good to know!
- Save $8000 – you’re welcome!
There you have it! How to refinish wood floors in one quick video. Good luck! Be sure to follow me on Instagram and check out more tips on budget friendly reno tips HERE.
Please follow and like us:
Leave a Reply