Happy Fall, Friends! I wanted to share an amazing birthday party idea that would be a fan favorite for all ages! Our sweet Gracie Girl turned 5 this past week, and you all know I’m a sucker for a good party theme! Initially, we planned for a family getaway to the mountains to celebrate her, but our house sale was a tad more dramatic than we hoped, so we had to cancel our plans. Thanks to Pinterest and Amazon, I was able to throw together a simple, and oh-so-fun, puppy adoption birthday party to celebrate our girl!
Gracie is a huge lover of animals. She has so many stuffed animals on her bed that there is hardly room for her! So I came across the most adorable “adopt a puppy” themed party and had to give it a go. Check out the details below!
- Nail Art
- Puppy Tattoos
- Pin the Tail on the Puppy ( I drew a big picture of a dog on poster-board and cut out paper tails out of brown construction paper. I used sticky tack to “pin” the tails on).
- Puppy Adoption: Each kid got to choose their puppy, put a collar on, and fill out the adoption card. This was a BIG hit!
The kids could choose where they wanted to go. A parent would help man the stations so the kids could bounce around from station to station!
- Stuffed puppies (enough for 1 per kid)
- Velcro collars & bells
- Puppy Tattoos
- Nail Art (if you can find puppies even better)
- ETSY adopt a puppy cards (printed on card stock)
- ETSY vet check up cards (printed on card stock)
- Posters with Each Station on a wooden stake hammered into the ground (I made them myself with markers and crayons because as I mentioned, I scrambled to make this happen and ain’t nobody got time for that).
- Hot Dogs
- Puppy Chow: aka individual cups of popcorn drizzled with chocolate and sprinkles (lay out popcorn in an even layer on sheet pans. Drizzle with melted chocolate chips. Add sprinkles. Put in the fridge to dry. BOOM! Best snack ever!).
- Dog Bones: aka THESE cookies cut out in dog bone shapes. They were DELISH!
- Cake (of course).
I kept everything individually wrapped to keep it Covid Friendly! But usually I serve a fruit & cheese platter and have the popcorn in a large glass jar with a scoop.
Well, there ya have it! A super easy and self sufficient puppy adoption party that your kids will love! Gracie had a blast and so did her little friends! Plus they get to go home with a new buddy! How awesome is that?! Until next time xoxo