I can NOT believe Halloween is next week! Where does the time go?! This is my favorite time of year, well except for Christmas. I want it to last as loooong as possible! I decorate the house in September to get the most out of the season. Life is so busy! But, regardless of the fact that I’m at max capacity, I want our kids to grow up with fond memories of their childhood so I try to create special moments for them! With that in mind, I’ve gathered a list of my Fall Favorites to share with you! Maybe some of these will become part of your family traditions!
- Pumpkin Carving Party: We have been doing this for YEARS. We’ve gotta be going 10 years strong with this tradition! We definitely started before we had kids. We go ALL OUT. And by “we” I mean “I”. I can’t blame Stew for any of this insanity :o) I create a menu that is ALL Halloween! Things like “batty bites” “Spider Dip” “Witches Fingers” “Spooky Squash Soup” “Gobblin Juice” “Mummy Dogs” It is a BLAST. We invite friends over, lay out a GIANT tarp, and all carve pumpkins. Then we put them on display and take pictures. This party never disappoints!
2. Hay Ride/Petting Zoo: We LOVE a good trip to the farm to pet and feed the animals. We ride the hay ride, pick pumpkins, and OD on apple cider. It’s a staple in our house.
3. Apple Day: This is such a fun treat! My mom usually hosts this one. We have an apple themed day with goodies like fresh picked apples, homemade apple cider donuts, & apple cider.
4. Festive Snack: We try to do a movie night once a week. The kids pick out a movie, and we all sit together and watch with a special sweet treat to enjoy. This festive snack mix was a BIG hit! If you follow me on Instagram, you saw my story about it. I just mixed together teddy grahams, Reese’s Pieces, & pretzels. SO GOOD!
5. Trip to the Mountains: We always take a trip to Asheville this time of year. Charleston doesn’t feel very “Fall-ish” so we head north to see the fall foliage and soak up the colder temps!
In case you missed it, I’m crazy about the holidays! My kids are too. It’s really funny how they pick up on it. I try to make family festivities a priority, even if it’s something small! Comment with your favorite fall activities! I’m always game to add to my list. Happy Friday, Friends!